On my Map: Budapest

11:12

My trip to Budapest was in the beginning of July of 2019 yet I still didn’t had the time to stop and write about it.
The trip started with me traveling with an airline I never travelled before and surprised me, Wizzair (no, this post is not sponsored but if the company want to offer me a flight, I will accept). Overall I enjoyed it and definitely will travel with Wizzair again.

Wizzair flight from Lisbon to Budapest in beginning of the night and arrived very late in the evening, so I will advice to book a transfer in advance.

I reserved my room at Connection GuestHouse, which is near the historic center and near Kadarka Wine Bar, a place I’ve eaten once and the chef made a special dish gluten free for me, super friendly staff and also near Cat Cafe. If you like cats, please visit this coffee shop in Budapest, full of amazing cats.

Budapest is divided into two parts, Buda and Pest, both different and gorgeous with different personalities. The side of Buda and its hill to the Castle and Citadel are surrounded by Hot Springs, viewpoints and even a cavern.

Pest and the Parliament side, have a jovial personality, with typical neighbourhoods, narrow streets, churches and museums.
During one of my days in Budapest, I spent a few hours in a Hot Spring named Rudas Bath, where I was literally lied down in the water, hot water. Accordingly to what they say, those waters are good for the bones, muscles and prevent illness.
Budapest has several Hot Springs around the city, some centenary. Worth a visit!

At Citadel, after the bus stop, you will find a serie of souvenirs stools and local artists. Support local artists and buy art, I got a handmade souvenir and a watercolour painting.
I like to think I may help other artists as I’m also an artist and it’s great and people buy my stuff.
In the viewpoint, next to the Liberty Statue you will see the all city, gorgeous.

Mandatory sites

- Spend a day or a few hours at Hot Spring, entrance is paid but worth.
- Visit the Castle and Citadel. Here several tourist points, like chapels, churches and also National Hungarian Museum.
- Walk tour in Citadel or by hop-on hop-off.
- Parliament.
- Hungarian National Museum.
- Synagogue.
- Liberty Statue.
- Zero Monument.

To know

- Distance from airport to centre of city is not much, worth take a transfer or get the bus to the centre for only 3 euros.
- Hungarian coin is different from euros and the conversion is about 1 euro = 300 kr. You will see this conversion slightly different in several places...
- Budapest is very easy to be and visit. The hungarian people are friendly, they don’t understand much of English but they make an effort.
- Take the train/bus from monument Zero to Citadel, don’t walk your way up… its steep way.

Tips for celiacs

- In Budapest there are several places totally gluten free. I personally advice ‘Free Bakery’ Coffee shop, has a great breakfast and cheap.
- Near the centre you will have more options and I also advice wine bar ‘Kadarka Wine Bar’, the chef was super friendly and make my dinner, totally gluten free. Amazing staff!



GuestHouse

Gluten free breakfast












Cat Coffee Shop











Dinner at Wine House









And enjoy the rest of your day!

You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts

Siga-me no Bloglovin

Follow

Subscribe