Be better

21:00

A couple days ago I met a very nice lady! We were talking about life, what I do with my life, etc...
I told her I felt different that most of people, including my own best friends! That I've this strange idea which I - eventually - paint or sculpt that strange idea. I mostly wear black because I'm a designer and I have to work with colours every single day and the fact I don't have to look to myself and put my brain to work to get dressed every day, it's so calming!
But the fact I wear, most of time, black and have piercings or tattoos doesn't mean I'm gothic, punk, hardcore girl... No, in fact, I don't think I fit in on any category. And the most funny thing about this is, I don't like to see many people with piercings and/or tattoos.
After a while talking, she told me: "You've graduated and you've worked on night shift to pay your studies. You travel alone. You tattoo for yourself, not to show off. You volunteer. You have a career and enjoy your work. That's so rare."


I have always been so judgmental about myself, because all my life I've been judged by my parents, teachers, basically everyone.
And of course, I started to be a super critical about myself. I want to be perfect, the best of all, always!
That can be good, because makes you sharper, more alert, ambitious but also makes you feel super bad whenever something goes wrong or simply not the way you wanted to be.
I don't tolerate mistakes!

After this conversation I noticed the way people treat me, they normally call me 'Peres' and she spent the all time calling me 'Dra. Ana' and she is also a doctor, with a major degree.
At the end of our conversation she told me I've to realize I'm on a higher level than most of the people! And this hit me like a rock!

This lady made me think about who I'm, what I accomplished throughout my life. And I've realised I need to be more friendly to myself. I've to treat myself better.

So today I treated myself a little bit better!
I deserved a bubble bath, with an excellent red wine to relax.
I like my body, my tattoos, my piercings and I'm proud of myself and found myself so sexy with all of this!


You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Popular Posts

Siga-me no Bloglovin

Follow

Subscribe